3.15.2009

People, People, PEOPLE...

the general public, the same people that claim they {solely} pay my salary but un-benonced to them, they give me the job security I deserve and the laughter I need!
me: 9-1-1, what is your emergency
female: {classic beginning} well, it really ISN'T an emergency.....BUT I was walking in the area and saw a veh parked in a p lot behind a business that has the pssngr window broken out, the pssngr door is open as well as the trunk. I think there was a struggle.
me: why do you think there was a struggle, do you see anyone around the vehicle?
female: no, there is a pair of ladies shoes, one by the trunk and the other one about 8 feet away, I think it may have been a domestic situation.
me: what is the make/model of the vehicle?
female: I don't know, I think it might be a little Honda type car
me: what color is the vehicle?
female: I'm not too sure, maybe Honda blue .. I didn't want to touch anything in case there was a struggle
me: o.k. I can have someone go check the vehicle, are you close enough or in the area to obtain a lic plate for me
female: no, I am almost 2 blocks away now, then she paused.........THEN she asks me in a half-assed laughing state.......
''I DID WANT TO TAKE THE SHOES, THEY WERE NICE LEATHER SHOES, DO YOU THINK IF I STICK AROUND AND IT WAS JUST A BREAK IN THAT THE OFFICER WILL LET ME TAKE THE SHOES?''
me: thank you for you call ma'am

FOOTNOTE:
Close enough to see the NICE leather shoes but not close enough to get me the information I needed, as in the Make/Model/Color or Lic plate of the vehicle.
******************************************************************************

Male caller inquiring to where his vehicle had been towed..

me: do you have the license plate to your vehicle sir?
male: no but I have a case #
me: researching the case # and of course can't find any information on it. I proceed to look up the vehicle by registered owner.
male: it may be under my wife's name as well
me: I will continue to look sir but unless I know exactly how DMV put it in the system, I am at their mercy unless you have the license plate #. Where were you stopped sir?
male: advised location of the most recent DUI check point. WAIT, I found the license plate.
me: I advised the male where his vehicle was towed to and that there was a 30 day hold on the vehicle.
male: U R KIDDING ME, right?
me: no sir, it is a DUI hold, you were drinking and driving you can't get your vehicle as soon as you think your sober
male: wow, OK
me: have a nice day sir

W E L L .... I receive yet another all about 20 minutes after this conversation....
male: I just called and talked to someone about my vehicle being impounded and I need to see if I can get a special condition for the truck, it is my work truck and I need it
me: sir, you would have to go to court to have such conditions placed on the vehicle or your record.
male: my court date is not until June
me: you can contact our records division as well as the tow company, but you will have to wait the 30 days for your truck, you were drinking & driving sir
male: I wasn't drunk but whatever ..how can I get a hold of the officer to tell him I need my truck and he can change his mind and release it sooner
me: sir that is NOT an option and you will have to wait the 30 days.
male: ended the phone call

WHY is it suddenly my problem that you choose to drink and drive and put me, my family and friends in jeopardy with your selfless act of ignorance?







No comments:

Post a Comment