10.02.2011

my observation is...

...is that this little man I call my son is really coming into his own and each day brings me closer and closer to the realization he is growing up too fast!!

a few months ago it was the the "blushing" in his face...I was amazed to see this 'emmotion' come out, I mean who teaches that, how does it come alive?

then I saw his 'true' hurt feeling, I mean the deep down hurt, upper lip {big boy keeping tears back} out as if he was embarrassed about what was said or done to him...and I think it was just a "really stern" NO...

he realizes now when he is in a bad mood and I guess DOES listen to what we say...he was getting whiny in line the other day and I told him if he did not quite he would have to take a nap when we got home, he pleaded "noooo mom, I will drop my attitude" I spun around in horror to see who had possibly witnessed his little fit and then heard his plea, he said it loud enough Japan could have heard him.  I'm certain the cashier was the only one, or she was the only one that commented "oh my he is such a cutie pie"! !
I think he is growing out of naps too, can do good without one but when 'mommy' needs some special cuddle time, we can throw down a 2 or 3 hour'r!! HECK YES...

he has great manners and often keeps track of mine as well as other children when we are out and about, sometimes, again, getting the attention of the entire room, I reinforce his questions/concerns and reinforce his observation's and remind him just how proud I/we are of him...

out of the blue he asked me the other day "mom Halloween is coming huh?" I replied, yes, yes it David...I know pre-school has a lot to do with his awareness now, but to see it blossom is pretty darn cool!!

the thing today was "mom, when I go to bed next time, I want to wear chones, I don't need a pull-up anymore pwzzz"   REALLY, that is MY decision, not yours is what I wanted to tell him, but instead I reassured him that is absolutely something we will work on...**sigh**

my little boy has blossomed into a growing young boy that has only thrived in the environment we have created and for those moments I have no words, my heart over flows with pleasure & excitement for what the next question, concern, day or observation will bring! ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment