8.29.2011

as simple as a kiss....

he wakes me with a kiss on the cheek as he asks "are they monsters downstairs" I reply, no there are NO monsters as I fight to open my eyes....

I hear the tiny footsteps creep downstairs, then nothing and for a slight moment fall back asleep in time to hear that sweet voice from below "mom, can I have a brownie" this is repeated at least 4x because I KNOW he will not hear my reply so I lay waiting....

I hear the footsteps, this time in a more hurried motion, as they reach the top of the stairs I anticipate the greeting, I feel his nose on mine and here it comes, "mom can I have a brownie and cereal with milk hen you take me to Starbucks, ok, ok, geddup please now mama"

how does one NOT wake up with a smile on their face and a loved soul!!

GOOD Morning big boy, MaMa's getting up now......

No comments:

Post a Comment